Tuesday, December 15, 2015

{Sweet Treats} Laduree macarons on the UES

I do have a weakness for macarons - the beautiful, brightly colored French desserts. (After all, I've toured Macaron Day twice here in NYC). So when Jeff mentioned that Laduree, a Parisian patisserie whose only North American location was just across the park from us, had opened a few months ago I knew I had to make a visit!
When I got there on an early Sunday afternoon, there was already a line. I waited for about 30 minutes to finally get my macarons. While in line, I took in all of the pretty boxes, ribbons, and of course, those candy-colored macarons. 
I ended up getting a round "crystal" box (15 macarons, $42) so that I could try all 14 flavors they had available that day. (Plus there isn't a place to sit down at Laduree, so the box seems liked the best way to take them home). Loved how the flavors popped as much as their colors.
J's favorite was the coffee one while I enjoyed the usual lemon and pistachio, plus a new-to-me flavor: cinnamon and raisin.  Though pricey, the trip to Laduree was much cheaper than going to France and it was a nice reminder of our vacation in Paris. These could now be my favorite macarons in the city. 


Laduree is located at 864 Madison Ave (between 71st St & 70th St)

HLFD giveaway!  Make sure to enter our Dolce Gusto Piccolo coffee machine giveaway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment