Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Foodie Exchange with Britain!

Growing up in Canada, I loved Marks and Spencer potato rings.

I remember putting a ring on each of my fingers and gingerly biting each one off.

Sadly, there are no more Marks and Spencer stores in Canada.  

So we were really excited to exchange NYC foods for British gastro-treats with The Gourmet Traveller in the hopes of scoring those beloved potato rings.





She did not disappoint!  She sent me plenty of goodies from department store Marks and Spencer.  Tons of sweets including dark chocolate jaffa (sponge cakes topped with real orange filling and half coated in dark chocolate), addictive chocolate caramel wafer sticks, assorted chocolate cookies and tea cakes, and three bags of my precious potato rings (which happily do not contain artificial ingredients).
And to further satisfy our sweet tooth, she sent us British candies and chocolates - some familiar from my Canadian childhood (Crunchie, Dairy Milk), others new to us.  The most interesting candy was the "dib dab", a lollipop with sherbet powder.  The candy's so popular that it has its own Facebook fan page and jewelry inspiration.

Thanks again to The Gourmet Traveller for my treats from across the pond!  To see what I sent her (goods mainly from Chelsea Market), check out her post.

No comments:

Post a Comment