Thursday, February 19, 2015

{Easy Recipes} Salad inspired by Kefi's Greek Salad

Whenever we go out to eat, I like to try different dishes from the menu. But when it comes to one of our favorite neighborhood spots, Kefi, I always get the same thing: the Kefi Greek Salad.  It always tastes so fresh and is incredibly addictive.

 Last night I decided to try and make my favorite restaurant salad at home.  It was really simple and I was so excited when Jeff agreed my dish reminded him of Kefi's. Read on for the list of ingredients I used to make my new favorite salad.

Greek Salad
Ingredients: 
Romaine lettuce hearts, thinly shredded into ribbons
English cucumber, chopped
Campari tomatoes, diced
Red onion, diced
Fresh Meyer lemon juice
Caperberries
Kalamata, Atalanti, Ionion, green cracked and Amfissa olives (mix of black and green olives)
Roasted red peppers
Feta cheese
Pepperoncini
Extra virgin olive oil
Rice vinegar (can substitute with red wine vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

Just mix all of the ingredients together and serve. (I purposely didn't put quantities to encourage you to put as much or as little of each ingredient according to your preferences).  The original Kefi salad also includes thinly sliced fennel, which we didn't have on hand.  For me, it was important to thinly slice/shred the romaine hearts as it provided the right crunch and texture to the salad. This Greek olive mix I bought was also perfect for this dish since caperberries are one of my favorite ingredients of the Kefi salad.


Have you ever tried replicating your favorite restaurant dish at home? What was it? (And please share the recipe if you can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment