Saturday, June 6, 2015

{Sweet Treats} Prairie Girl Bakery Cupcakes and an Announcement

It was a Sunday, just 30 minutes after it had opened, when we reached Prairie Girl Bakery, Toronto's new cupcake shop.  We saw a crowd and my New Yorker husband immediately remarked, "That better not be the line to get in (like outside Magnolia Bakery in NYC)."  Luckily there was no line up (the small mob was trying to catch a glimpse of Twilight's Robert Pattinson who was filming his movie just outside the cupcake shop).  And there were lots of cupcakes that tasted so good that I came back the next day.  These are my favorite cupcakes in Toronto.

Owner Jean Blacklock was friendly and clearly passionate about her large assortment of cupcakes. Her cupcakes are made every morning around 5 AM with real ingredients. There are days when the cupcakes completely sell out. And when they don't, she donates the leftover cupcakes to Second Harvest.
Though I bought most of the mini cupcakes as gifts (1/2 dozen minis $9.95, dozen minis $18.95), I couldn't resist buying a few for myself.  My favorite flavours included carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, banana with peanut butter frosting, the daily special cupcake with peanut butter and berry preserves icing, and anything with the strawberry frosting.

Prairie Girl Bakery on Urbanspoon

I have exciting news to share! Like owner Jean Blacklock who left her career in law and wealth management to pursue her passion full-time, I am also embarking on a new adventure! Today was my first day as FreshDirect's new Social Content Manager. I'll be managing this NYC-based online grocer's social media - so you can now follow me via FreshDirect's Twitter, Facebook, and blog!  Don't worry, though there may be fewer posts per week, our blog is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment