Sunday, May 3, 2015

{Dining Out} Burger Lunch at 5 Napkin Burger

It was the long holiday weekend and I had to find a place in NYC that took reservations for a group of 8.  There needed to be space for a stroller or high chair and the menu had to include vegetarian and seafood options.  Surprisingly, our perfect spot for lunch was burger joint 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen.

Look closely at the burger above.  It isn't extremely rare nor is it even meat. This is the Veggie Burger ($11.95) and it's fantastic.  Made with beets (which gave the burger its rich color), barley, black beans, brown rice, sesame seeds, jalapeƱos, and carrots, this burger patty was so tasty.  The multi-grain bun was hearty and the toppings (including the 5 Napkin sauce, pickles, and cheddar cheese) matched well with the burger.  This veggie burger is so good that even with all of the other meat options, I would definitely order it again.
Burger Salad ($14.95):  My sister-in-law loved her salad, filled with chopped greens, endives, tomatoes, blue cheese, cucumbers, peppers, green beans, red onions, radishes, celery, 5 napkin sauce, oil, and vinegar dressing. You can choose a beef, lamb, or turkey burger patty, but my SIL went with the veggie burger patty.  She declared that patty to be the best veggie burger she's ever had.
Original 5 Napkin Burger ($14.95):  My husband and brother-in-law both shunned our salad/veggie burger choices and went straight for the oozy, juicy, original namesake burger.  I don't blame them - I've enjoyed the burger before - and I knew my husband couldn't refuse a beef burger with caramelized onions, Gruyere cheese, and rosemary aioli.  Yes, he devoured the whole burger (and some of my veggie burger too!)
Ahi Tuna Burger ($15.95): My friend ordered the tuna burger.  The tuna was marinated in ginger, scallions, and soy, grilled to a medium-rare, and topped with wasabi mayo and tempura fried onions. She liked the thick slice of tuna -though I think I would still stick with the more colorful veggie or original burger.
Bacon Cheddar Burger ($14.95): Another friend ordered the huge beef burger topped with sharp cheddar, bacon, raw onion, lettuce, and tomato.  He made his meal healthier by substituting the fries for the side salad.  For him, it was one of the juicier burgers he's enjoyed - making the trip with his young family in from New Jersey completely worth it!  

With so many burgers to choose from, which one would you choose? 

Five Napkin Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment