Sunday, September 6, 2015

Almond and White Chocolate Chip Cookies plus $60 CSN Stores Winner Announced!

Do you ever have a craving? I always crave sweet treats, but generally won't have them on-hand.  It's too easy to finish off a bag of Oreos, so if I want something sweet, I have to make it myself.  My husband was out with the guys - which meant I had our whole tiny kitchen to myself.  I emptied out the pantry and decided to make these comfy, soft cookies to share and enjoy.  Served with a glass of milk, these Almond and White Chocolate Chip cookies were the perfect treat to satisfy my craving!

Almond and White Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes 24-36 cookies, depending on size)
Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped almonds
Directions:
1.  Take out butter to soften.  Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa together.
3. Combine sugar, butter, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.  Add eggs and beat together.
4. Mix the bowls together.
5. Fold in almonds and white chocolate chips.
6. With a small ice-cream scoop, drop scoops of cookie dough onto cookie sheets.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes.
8. Cool on wire racks, then serve.

And now for the winner of our CSN Giveaway!  The winner, as determined by Random.org, is Jennifer McLachlan who liked my handmade necklaces. Congratulations! We'll be emailing you soon with your prize!  Thank you for everyone who entered.  We have a few giveaways in store for our readers, so keep an eye out for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment