Wednesday, March 4, 2015

{Cheers} Chocolate Cocktails

Photo courtesy of Chambord
Happy Friday everyone!  With the weekend finally here, it's the perfect time to treat ourselves to a drink. I love my sweet treats and chocolate is no exception.  So a couple of chocolate cocktails sounded like the perfect way to end a meal and to start the weekend! The first drink (Chambord French Kiss) is like a dessert and will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth, while the second drink (Tuaca Hot Chocolate) is less sweet, but more chocolatey (due to the chocolate syrup in it).  Cheers to a sweet and spicy weekend everyone!

Chambord French Kiss
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
3/4 oz. white chocolate liqueur
3/4 oz. heavy cream

Combine ingredients in shaker with ice.  Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.  To add a special touch, garnish with chocolate.  The photo shows a chocolate kiss, which can be difficult to float.  I like to add one of my easy-to-make chocolate stars (that I made for my New Year's Eve party) as a twist or just floating in the drink.
Photo courtesy of Tuaca
Tuaca is a strong brandy liqueur with vanilla and citrus flavors.  I find it too strong to drink on its own, but it works well in cocktails.

Tuaca Hot Chocolate
1 1/2 oz Tuaca
2 dashes hot sauce ( I used a jalapeno hot sauce)
1 bar spoon chocolate sauce (I used a dark chocolate sauce)
Chili pepper

Drizzle chocolate syrup into a shot glass. Shake Tuaca and hot sauce with ice and strain over syrup. Garnish with a chili pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment