Sunday, April 19, 2015

{Easy Recipes} No Bake Cocoa Oatmeal PB Cookies


I like to think of my husband's office as a black hole for my baked goods.  Whenever I'm testing out recipes and just make too many sweet treats, I know that he can take them to work and they'll never go to waste.  For my father-in-law's 70th birthday, I had made easy no-bake cocoa oatmeal peanut butter cookies because they were soy-free. Not only are these cookies easy to make (no need to turn on the oven!), but they still taste great days after they're made.  My husband brought some of the extras to work and his co-workers loved them so much that they asked for the recipe - so here it is!


No-Bake Cocoa Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients (makes about 30 cookies)
1.5 cups sugar (if your other ingredients, like cocoa and peanut butter, contain sugar, you may want to use less sugar)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup cocoa (I used Trader Joe's unsweetened cocoa)
dash of salt
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's crunchy PB because it contains only one ingredient - peanuts!)
1 t vanilla
3 cups old-fashioned oats (I used Quaker Oats)

Directions
1. Line 1-2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
2. In a large stock pot, combine sugar, butter, milk, cocoa and salt.
3. Bring contents to a boil under medium heat, stirring constantly for about a minute. 
4. Stir in peanut butter, and keep stirring until it is melted.
5. Once peanut butter is melted, remove from heat and add vanilla.
6. Stir in oatmeal.
7. With a mini ice cream scoop (or a small spoon), scoop out small lumps onto wax paper and allow to cool.
8. Let the cookies cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment